Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Proud First














Well a few weeks back I was a little disappointed to miss out on getting Stirling's 8th and final challenge at Kawerau. However when I reflected upon 'winning' a challenge by beating just one other dog, I realised that it would be a far sweeter goal to reach if he actually won in good company. Well today he did just that, and under a Cavalier specialty judge too. It made obtaining his Champion title so much more meaningful.
And he showed his little heart out too. A welcome change from the shrinking violet he often turns into in the ring. My new tactic is pretty much ignoring him until it's time to go in to the ring, then he's all loved up on me. That and a switch of 'bait' from chicken to liver!



The show today was at Ngaruawahia, on the banks of the mighty Waikato river.  I was convinced to have my pic taken with this as a backdrop, with the judge and Stirling's final challenge...  The photo on the right is Stirling's breeder, Mignon, who was even more reluctant to have her pic taken than me.

But really it's all about my beautiful boy, CH Du Maurier Sterling Silver. My first Champion. Oh and another goal to tick off the 50 List.

No comments:

Post a Comment