Tuesday, July 5, 2011

All is forgiven

Earlier today I snapped a photo of my car for my blog post. However if I had not waited to actually make my daily entry, my commentary for this photo would have sounded quite different. Sometimes falling asleep on the couch is a good thing. Buys you some time in a funny way.
It is always preferable to get on with one's neighbours. Living at the very end of a long, shared driveway as I do can be challenging at the best of times, but I also have to literally drive in front of my neighbour's house to get to mine. They are nice people - a lovely Mum and her two teenage sons, with a car each, but really only parking for 2. That's when issues surface. There have been many times when I have not been able to get out of my driveway, and have had to ask for the main offender's car, or his friend's car, to be moved. It irks me.
Last night I tried to squeeze past his car's butt, and... I didn't make it. Scraped both my car and his. I was not happy. Hence the photo I took of said damage, which I was going to vent my frustration about in this forum.
However 20 minutes ago, a knock at my door woke me from my post work-out slumber. There was this young man, flanked by his Mum, with an ice cream container full of freshly baked muffins as a peace offering. They worked.
Now I am pretty sure that he would not have made them of his own volition. But that does not bother me. I am impressed that his Mum would have encouraged (?) him to do so. Great parenting I think. And he followed through with some grace and what seemed like a genuine apology. Also an offer to pay for the damage - which I declined to accept. I had warm muffins. And an assurance that I will always be able to get out of my driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment